Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Good Day

And it would have been even better if I'd been paying attention to my knitting!

070311-5
I was hoping to have finished the Mason-Dixon kimono by now but a lapse of concentration meant a trip to the frog pond. I'd forgotten to do a yarn over and it was glaringly obvious to me. I'm sure the imminent great-nephy-poo wouldn't have noticed and maybe my niece and sister wouldn't have but I knew it was there and so rippit rippit rippit. Maybe I'll get it finished by the end of the day.

070311-6
We have one finished Koigu sock and the toe of the second. Koigu... mmmmmmmm! Is it odd to love a yarn so much? I'm well aware that I'm not alone in this oddity! :-)

070311-7
This is Araucania Atacama 100% alpaca I got from HipKnits last year. I didn't know quite what to do with it until yesterday. I've only got 3 skeins so I thought it would make a great Wavy from Knitty. I'm in love with alpaca yarn too. So, so soft.

I saw a shooting star yesterday morning - perhaps the only benefit of having become an incurable insomniac. Yesterday turned out to be a very good day! I'll tell you about it when I can. To make life even better, I woke up thinking about knitting this morning instead of W.O.R.K and that can only be a good thing and mean that life is getting back to normal! Roll on 30th March and...

freedom!!!

No comments: