Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Cardigan For Arwen

071022-02

I've finished my Arwen cardigan! The knitting part of the obsession is finished but now I am obsessed with wearing it. Why yes, as a matter of fact I do own other cardigans but no, I won't wear them. ;-)

The stats: A Cardigan For Arwen from Interweave Knits Winter 2006 knit with Cascade 220 in colour #7813 on the needles recommended in the pattern.

I knit this exactly according to the pattern but if I were to knit it again I would knit the two fronts and back all in one piece to the arms. I would also knit the hood in one piece and leave live stitches on the back and shoulders so I could join the shoulders and hood to the back with Kitchener stitch.

Overall though this was a really fun knit with interesting construction and I love it.

'Nuff said.

Ravelry link.

3 comments:

woolydoodles said...

Hiya Sue
Great to have you back. Love Anwen!! I think I'm going to have to source the pattern!
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x

Shannon said...

GORGEOUS!! I've wanted to knit this but alas, so many loves, so little time!

Kim in Oregon said...

I love yours. I just finished mine too. I wonder: did you put a hook and eye or snap or button or anything on it to keep it closed, or do you just wear it a flappin?