Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lightweight Mountain Peaks Shawl

071203-01

I actually finished knitting this a couple of weeks ago. It was knit as a sample for Kerrie using her laceweight cashmere. I used a different colour for the edging because I wasn't sure I had enough of the pink. As I was running rather late in getting it finished, I didn't want to knit half the edging and then rip it out because I'd run out of yarn!

It is absolutely gorgeous and as light as a feather. I wouldn't say it was really difficult to knit but it did require a whole lot of concentration. It is probably the most frogged and tinked thing I've ever knit!

But it is done and it is beautiful.

And you know... I would knit it again!

071203-05
071203-04
071203-03
071203-02

2 comments:

susoolu said...

Oh, oh, oh! I just got this pattern, and some yarn, from Renaissance Dyeing in France (lovely colour range they have, too).

Wonderful to know that you like it enough to think about knitting it again, because it is beautiful.

PURLPOWER said...

that's a very impressive piece of work Sue, you should be proud of yourself!