Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

After yesterday's 'what I knit in 2007' post, I thought today's ought to be about what is still in progress. I had a major frogging session a while ago so I don't have a ginormous list!

070819-02
First, Lizard Ridge still has only four squares completed. I don't know why I'm finding this such a chore because I enjoy the knitting and I love the look of the finished blankie. I must admit to not being a huge fan of Noro Kureyon - its rather harsh to knit with. I'm tempted to set a goal of a square a month so I can get it finished but I did that about six months ago and have knit one square in that time...

070702-01
Second, Pomatomus. I've cast on again for these although this is the old photo. The ones I took today were dire, either over-exposed or too dark. First time I cast these on they were too big, second time, too small so this time, like Goldilocks, I'm hoping they're just right. :-) The yarn is 'April Showers' from the Posh Yarn sock club which is no more sadly.

071209-02
Third, Fire and Ice Shawl from the fabulous Sharon Miller at Heirloom Knitting. This is being knit with Rowan Kid Silk Haze in colour #636 - Mist. The yarn was half price - bargain! This is actually a very simple pattern and easy to remember. I love the way its looking and it feels lovely.

071125-03
Finally, the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall '07 I. The yarn is Rowan Felted Tweed in colour #157 - Camel. Once again, the yarn was half price. This is an old pic and I'm now about two thirds of the way to the underarms. I really like knitting with this yarn and its my project of choice at the moment. Anyone who knows me will be amazed to see that I am knitting something brown for myself. I don't usually do brown so I'm a bit amazed myself!

And that's it! Only four things in progress and I'm not really sure that Lizard Ridge should be counted or if it has achieved UFO status. :-)

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

No comments: