Sunday, January 13, 2008

Poor Puppy...

028a
In adding all my files and photos to my new computer I came across this photo taken at my aunt's place Christmas 1985. The dog was called Poppet and was one of two chihuahuas my aunt had, the other was called Pepi. I'd totally forgotten about this photo and thought you might like to see that knitting for dogs is not a new thing! Sorry for the dark and strangely shaped photo but I cropped out all of my cousins and other assorted relatives.

080113-01
On to the real knitting! I've taken a new photo of Tangled Yoke. I haven't worked on this for a couple of weeks but I'm still loving it. Now that I've mostly finished setting up the new computer I should feel more like knitting.

080112-01
I've also taken a new photo of Pomatomus (we actually had some sun yesterday!) I really hope they will fit me this time around...

We've got flooding here again and had really cold, sleety rain on Friday night while I was on my way home from work. The road near my bus stop was flooded as well to a depth of about 6-8 inches. I asked the bus driver if he could let me off at the side of the flooding nearest to my house. He ignored me. I said 'excuse me?' He ignored me. So I had to find an alternative route to walk home unfortunately I still had to wade through some water but at least it wasn't too deep. Nothing excuses bad manners. The driver could have at least looked at me to acknowledge that he had heard me even if he still refused to let me off before the stop. Bastard.

1 comment:

Dreams of Yarn said...

Crummy manners on that driver for sure!

Love the socks. I think soon I'm going to brave a pair of socks with an actual pattern. Any suggestions for a newbie? easy to follow pattern? The Pomatomus look smashing!