1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself?
Just over 3 years and would consider myself to be beginner/intermediate.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
Almost anything except art yarn. I love to look at it and maybe one day will try it but I like to produce stuff I can use. (Yes I know some people use their art yarn!)
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
Both – I have an Ashford Traveller and several spindles, my current favourite its my new Greensleeves ebony Vixen.
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
Merino, BFL, Wensleydale, Silk.
5. Who are your favorite
crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
Spunky Eclectic, Lisa Souza, Fyberspates and the Yarn Yard
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
Tough one. If I have a US pal I think I would like to try some of the American breeds of sheep that we don’t get here in the UK.
7. Are there any techniques you would like to learn?
Hmmmmm… can’t think of anything at the moment.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
Yes I dye some of my own fibre.
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
I have hand cards
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
I knit and weave with it. I’ve finished hats, scarves, gloves and fingerless mitts. I have a scarf on the loom and a Seraphim shawl out of handspun in progress.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I’d really like a WPI gauge.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
Mainly purples and greens but I also like pinks and blues.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
Spunky Eclectic March fibre ‘Mud Season’, Handpaintedyarn.com ‘Wooden Rose’ and some pink/purple merino I dyed myself.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
I knit, weave and dye as well as spin.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
Nothing really at the moment – my whole life is about fibre!
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
Amazon.co.uk and I have a few favourited sellers on Etsy.
17. Is there anything that you collect?
I have a small collection of teddy bears.
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Yarn Forward (a UK magazine), Interweave Knits and Spin Off. I tend to buy books etc when I want them so there isn’t really anything at the moment.
19. When is your birthday?
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
Tough one… I think Hermione Granger – whenever I hear about something new I go straight to a book to find out more (I use the internet more than books these days though)
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
It’s summer but it is Britain! It can get warm but is not really hot.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
I can write upside down.
’Haywain’ by John Constable.
Thai or Italian and home-made ice cream
Coffee and home-made wine
The Lord of the Rings
I don’t watch TV
The Lord of the Rings
Buying more fibre!