Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spinning

Time to catch up on the spinning I've been doing over the past few months.

Spunky Eclectic Merino in 'Mud Season', the Spunky Club fibre from March '08. I got 916m out of the 8ozs. I haven't decided what to use it for yet so it's been stashed.
080510-01

Fyberspates Merino/Bamboo blend, no colour name just 'blue, green, pink'. I got 163m out of 100g and found this a bit of a challenge to spin. The bamboo seemed to really want to clump together. For all that, I love it because it is really soft and has a nice lustre. I was trying for a thicker yarn here and was quite pleased with the result. I've used this for a project which I'll blog soon.
080517-01

Fyberspates Merino/Tencel blend 'Toffee' colourway, 197m from 100g. This is sooooo shiny and lovely. I've got a real thing for Tencel! I attempted to ply this more tightly and got a more squooshy yarn from it. This is stashed awaiting inspiration for a project.
080609-01

Spunky Eclectic BFL 'Monkey Farts', 207m from 4ozs. I bought this purely and simply because I loved the name! It spun up really nicely and is another one stashed awaiting a project.
080707-01

Handpaintedyarn.com Merino 'Wooden Rose', 500m from 100g. Love this colour! Stashed awaiting project.
080721-01

Spunky Eclectic Corriedale/Alpaca blend 'Tequila Sunrise', 341m from 4ozs. Stashed awaiting project.
080809-01

Fyberspates streaky Merino/Tencel 'Leprechaun', 63m from 100g. No plans to use this for anything! It was an experiment to retain as much of the character of the unspun fibre as possible. It's not really my style of yarn but it's fun to break out of the usual spinning routine occasionally.
080817-01

Well, that, in a nutshell, is most of the spinning I've done this year! :-)

1 comment:

celadon2 said...

Beautiful stuff.

And so much of it, busy girl.