Sunday, April 26, 2015

And so it begins...

Yesterday, Graham and I did a bit of digging and weed clearing.

20150425-02


We went back today and dug over the same section again as the overnight rain had made the ground a bit softer. Graham also started to dig out the weeds from the next section I want to tackle.

20150426-01

Looks a bit like a grave...

I've put some weed suppressant down but in a classic case of you get what you pay for, it ain't much cop when it's from the Pound Shop! Lesson learned, pay more and get decent stuff! I think I will spray the rest of the weeds so that by the time we get to the digging, it should be a bit easier. There is a lot of couch grass plus loads of dandelions and buttercups - lots of tough roots... The pristine plots surrounding us give me hope that we can turn ours into a lovely veggie growing plot.

20150426-02


Still we've made a start, not bad for two fat, unfit, old 50 somethings! ;-)

No comments: